While several people find ways to combat signs of aging in the face region, the neck portion is neglected. The skin is vulnerable to lines and wrinkles, especially due to the regular moving, bending, and creasing precisely where your neck meets the chin. This region, known as the submental space, is highly susceptible to develop a pocket of fat that is difficult to be eliminated, even with strict exercise or diet. This submental fat referred to as Double chin will make you look overweight even if you are not in other regions. It broadens the face and neck and leads to an appearance of an undefined jawline and a double chin. Since it is not a part of the body that you can reduce with exercises, traditionally eliminating submental fat under the chin is done with liposuction. However, recent inventions in non-surgical treatments have given the best options for those with submental fat with procedures like Kybella.
Kybella is an FDA-approved injectable that eliminates the look of double chins by destroying fat cells. Kybella is a synthetic form of deoxycholic acid, which is a naturally present material that aids the body to absorb fat. The procedure with Kybella is quick, requires no downtime, and eliminates the fat cells. Kybella terminates the cell membranes that accumulate fat. As these cells are terminated, they lose the ability to store fat and the natural healing process of the human body takes over. They are flushed out from the body in about four to six weeks as the fat deposits are reduced or eliminated gradually. With the proven authority from FDA, even people who gained weight after the procedure of Kybella did not observe the return of fat in the region. All types of individuals can get Kybella injections without any issues with guidance from a qualified expert. Kybella is approved by FDA to be used for double chin for individuals over 18 years of age. There will not be any hassle to follow aggressive post-treatment care. Kybella is injected under the chin permanently to eliminate fat cells and reduce double chin. Typically, with Kybella treatment, usually 3-4 sessions are suggested. With a gap of 4 to 6 weeks. Kybella can also be employed in other regions of the body on small pockets of fat at the jowls, bra bulge, and inner thighs.
What Is Liposuction?
A liposuction treatment that comprises using a cannula tube and a suction device to drain the fat cells. Different from Kybella, liposuction treatment needs you to avoid your routine activities, and also spend some days recovering from the invasive procedure. There will be cuts made by the surgeon in the natural skin folds by the maximum try of making it least noticeable. There will be the application of bandages may also be involved in the immediate aftercare instructions.
Which Treatment Is Best Suited For Double Chin?
Traditionally, people had inclined to liposuction since it was the only procedure available. However, with the approval of Kybella from the FDA, the majority of people are choosing it instead of surgical methods. “The active ingredient in Kybella is synthetic deoxycholic acid which is a naturally occurring substance in the body that supports the breakdown and absorption of fat in the diet. If it is administered in to the
- fat beneath the chin, it destroys fat cells, leading to a noticeable reduction in fullness under the chin. The best advantage in Kybella is that the destroyed fat cells can no longer store or accumulate fat, hence no further treatment is not required once the desired aesthetic goal is accomplished.
- Kybella may need multiple treatment sessions for desired results, but they are generally quick and a majority of individuals can come back to their work immediately after the treatment. There may be some amount of redness, swelling, and bruising around the injection regions, but these effects are usually mild and fade off quickly. On the other hand, liposuction needs you to take leaves from your routine work for the procedure and also for some days following. While liposuction for a double chin may not be considered to be highly invasive, it is still a surgery.
- A striking advantage of Kybella for multiple patients is that it does not leave any scar without making any incisions or bandages. Advanced neck liposuction may not yield noticeable scars, but even with following specific aftercare instructions that may comprise bandages, there are more chances of leaving with visible scars.
- As there are risks with the usage of general anesthesia, liposuction is considered a surgical procedure. While it may be low, the risks of anesthesia are prevalent, along with pain, bleeding, infection, and other possible adverse results that occur with surgery. The only anesthesia used in Kybella is either a local or topical one for reducing the minimal comfort.
- While there may be an argument for the cost of Kybella, it is key to note that liposuction will incur extra expense, especially with the involvement of more professionals, and the performance of the procedure in an operating room.
- Kybella is a simple plan for eliminating submental fat and giving the best outline to your chin, neck, and jawline. Since Kybella employs a substance found naturally in the body to eliminate fat cells, the danger of any side effects to the treatment is very less. It is an effective, long-term treatment for unwanted submental fullness as you get the same results as a surgical process without any side effects.
For an effective Kybella treatment, you have to select a qualified and experienced aesthetic expert like Wilson Aesthetics, who will guarantee you to get services of expert anti-aging techniques with top-quality cosmetic and aesthetic experts. Experienced professionals at Wilson Aesthetics will develop a tailored anti-aging and skin health plan for every individual. Our medical cosmetic treatments are accomplished by our highly trained medical providers, nurses, and aestheticians who will ensure to offer you genuine results.